Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beauty rebuys

I love reading a good review as much as anyone else, but what tells me so much more about a product is if a blogger actually rebuys them. Over the years I’ve tried loads of products, but I’ve only rebought very few of them.

FACE:

DSC_0614

- La Prairie Purifying Cream Cleanser: I love the feeling of this, so luxurius, but I don’t know if this is my HG cleanser yet. But it does leave my skin very healthy, no zits or break-outs for my sensitive skin. Smells super good too!

- Chanel Démaquillant Yeux Intense: The most amazing eye and lip make-up remover on earth. I use about three bottles a year, I’ll never change!

- Creme de La Mer: Need I say more? It’s simply amazing, and worth every penny.

- Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active: This has by coincidence become my go-to moisturizer when I can’t afford La Mer. I love the smell, and it doesn’t give me any break-outs. Also love that it comes in three versions (dry, normal and oily).

- La Mer The Eye Concentrate: This is like medicine for the skin and is worth it’s weight in gold, I scrape up the cash for this no matter how poor I am, I can’t live without it. Fixes sore eyes in a few days. I got this after a few weeks into my make-up artist studies, when my eyes were red and so sore I could barely wear mascara, and it’s never been a problem since.

- Blistex MedPLUS: The only lip balm, I can and will ever use. Super cheap and I always have pots all over the place so I never run out.

- Clens 100: These eye drops are a contact lens wearers best friend. My eyes always get super dry, and these help me get through the day. Been using it for years and I’ve never found any better.

BODY:

DSC_0621

- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Xerand: My go-to hand cream and I have tubes in every purse and all over the apartment. Cheap and effective!

- Vichy Capital Soleil After Sun Cellular SOS Repair Balm: Amazing after sun that’s made for burnt skin. Heals burns much faster then regular after sun, and gives and amazing cool sensation. Smells good to, and a tube goes a long way.

- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps: Best body lotion in the world! Dries quickly, smells good but not too much and leaves my body so supple and soft. Not too pricey either.

- MD Formulations Face and Body Scrub: Best scrub I’ve ever tried, and I feel no need to try anyone else. My skin has never been more beautiful. The bottle lasts really long and I love that you only need one for your entire body.

- ACO Mykgjørende Fotkrem: I haven’t tried that many foot creams, but I really like this. The price is good, and it leaves my feel soft. It’s minty and cools tired feet as well.

- La Roche-Possay Antihelios: LRP makes the most effective sun block, even though it can be a bit greasy. I’ve never burnt with it though, and I like all the different versions, just not the baby version (smells like baby vomit).

HAIR, NAILS & MAKE-UP:

DSC_0623

- Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Conditioner: I’ve been using this for years and I’ll probably never stop. It just makes my hair so soft and healthy, not to mention it’s super cheap. It’s been off the norwegian marked for years, so I always pick up a years supply when I’m abroad. I would still buy this if it was ten times the price.

- Chanel Le Vernis: My favorite polishes, and ‘Black Satin’ and ‘Barcelona Red’ are the only polishes I’ve ever rebought. Chanel always gets shades just perfect. A bit expensive, but who cares!

- NARS Blush in ‘Orgasm’: Not a rebuy in the typical sence, but I’ve bought more before actually running out. I will without a doubt rebuy it forever, as it is the most universally flattering shade EVER!

- L’Oreal Elnett Satin: The classic hair spray. Enough hold for every-day use, and I love that it brushes out so I don’t have to wash my hair every day.

- CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume: My go-to drug store mascara. Cheap and gives amazing volume without ugly clumps. Love it!

- Seche Vite Dry-Fast Top Coat: Dries nail polish like cement in just 30 minutes! It only holds a few days without chipping, but it’s a life saver for someone like me that doesn’t have time to wait for polish to harden.

- Sephora Stimulating Lavender Cuticle Oil: Definetly not the best cuticle treatment in the world, but definetly the most handy one. Keep this in my purse at all times. Because of the lavender it can also be nice when applied on sore cuticles. Unfortunately I think it’s just been discontinued.

- YSL Touche Éclat: Not my favorite concealer (it does nothing for my dark circles), but I keep rebuying it for it’s practicality, and that it comes in a shade light enough. Always smart to have one in your purse.

- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill: My all time favorite mascara! Gives me the most beautiful lashes, the only problem is that it can be difficult to get your hands on. The heavy tube makes it feel even more decadent.

***

Over the last few years I’ve found a few more products I’m 99% sure I will rebuy, but haven’t finished the original product yet. Like Guerlain Météorites Perles Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer, Xen-Tan and Bioderma Créaline H2O Cleansing Solution. If I ever run out of my powder make-up products there is a huge chance I will rebuy the ones I already use, but I think you know how long it takes to finish eyeshadows and blushes!

Please do tell me about your favorite rebuys, I still enjoy trying out an amazing product. That will never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...