Monday, January 7, 2013

Top 10 Beauty Products of 2012

It’s been a stressfull few days in Bergen since we got back, Edward was super tired, and it’s taken me some time to round up my absolute favorite beauty products of 2012. And here you have the top ten products I discovered (or re-discovered) in 2012 that made an impact on me, not including my staples and holy grail products that have already been with me for years. I will probably blog about those at a later time.

DSC_1015

1. Kèrastase Resistance Double Force hairspray - I’m not sure if I purchased this in 2011 or early 2012, but I didn’t really fall for it until this summer. It’s light weight, doesn’t make my hair dry and you can brush it out in the evening. Light hold, but holds all day. It’s like a better and more expensive version of L’Oreal Elnett.

2. YSL Le Teint Touche Éclait foundation – This foundation is out of this world! I never really fell for the concealer pen, but this is the best foundation I’ve used so far. It has a flawless finish and comes in an array of shades (I use B10). Coverage is up to you, and I use it as medium to full coverage. I actually think this is more beautiful without a finishing powder (a first for me) and I think they should come out with a setting powder specifically for this. And of course it looks great all night long!

3. La Prairie Purifying Cream Cleanser – First tried this a few years ago, but on the hunt for a HG cleanser I went onto something else afterwards and this was kind of lost. I re-discovered it this summer, and have already repurchased. It’s very rich and creamy, perfect for my dry skin, and it doesn’t break me out either (I have very sensitive skin). Not to mention the amazing smell! This might turn into a staple for me.

4. Bioderma Crèaline H2O make-up remover – Having read rave reviews, I didn’t hesitate to buy this at IMATS London in February, and we’ve been best friends ever since. This really is the most amazing make-up remover there is! It removes everything so easy (I have another for mascara though) and it couldn’t irritate even if it tried. I can never see myself trying anything else! On the website it says it’s a cleanser as well, but I always use my regular cleanser after this.

5. Bare Escentuals Buxom lipgloss – I really love this plumping lipgloss! I love the tingly feeling when you first apply, the colour and of course the glossy effect. So few glosses these days are still glossy five minutes later, but I find this looks really good for hours if I don’t eat or drink. I have been using this for special occasions.

6. Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes lipgloss – In July this made me fall inlove with lipgloss. I’ve always been a lipstick or nothing kind of girl, nothing being my everyday and making me look washed out on a regular basis. This really is a subtle gloss that gives just a hint of colour. It’s glossy without being sticky, but not so glossy it’s too much for school or work. I only have the one shade so far (161 Bagatelle) but I will without a doubt buy more!

7. Chanel UV Essentiel Protective UV Care SPF 50 – The perfect product if you want high protection against UV-rays but not the greasy feel of regular sunblock. I’ve always been lazy about wearing sunscreen just for going to work or under make-up, because I hate the feeling and look of a high SPF sunscreen on my face, it’s like they never dry! This goes on quite matte actually, and almost acts like a primer. The protection is very good (my skintone did look amazing this summer) but remember to re-apply during the day because it only protects for a few hours at a time. Still worth it though, and besides the tiny bottle fits perfectly in any purse.

8. OPI Skyfall Collection – I had to add the whole collection, because all of these polishes have been used plenty this fall. The formula is great as always with OPI, and the colours are just to die for. ‘Skyfall’ (maroon) has become an everyday staple for me for when I don’t want to wear black, and ‘Goldeneye’ is the perfect gold glitter.

9. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder – I embraced tan this summer, for the first time, and I see now why so many people love this bronzer. If I don’t fake tan I use the shade 00 and it’s astonishing how healthy it makes me look. It has a little sparkle as well, which I love! Can’t wait to bring it out again for spring, and I also have a darker shade ready for when I tan.

10. Chanel Regard Signé de Chanel eyeshadow quad – Haven’t used this alot yet, but wow has it made an impact! I knew I had to have this when I first saw swatches online. When I finally found it in store I hesitated because of the price, but boy was I glad I bought it. The colours are beautiful and perfect for my light complexion, red hair and blue eyes. But what makes this so fabulous is the amazing quality of the shadows. They’re so velvety, and I experienced no fallout what so ever! This will no doubt become a staple and I will be very sad when I run out because I couldn’t afford stocking up.

2 comments:

  1. Eg hadde tenkt t å kjøba Bioderma på flyplassen på Geneve, men butikken va utanfor sikkerhetssjekken, så eg konne isje ta den med :( Lure på om eg ska kjøba ein flaska på nett. He nemlig sååå lyst t å prøva den ut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Du burde virkeli bestilla en! Den e så sinnsykt bra. Alle eg vet om som he prøvd den elske den øve alt og he aldri bytta t någe aant ittepå. D e akkurat som å ha vann på bomullspaden, og sminken bare glir av.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...